CORNISH MANOR OWNERS’ ASSOCIATION
- Name: Cornish Manor Owners’ Association
- Aims & Objectives: To promote and protect the interests of owners of single or multiple properties on sites owned by John Fowler Holidays Ltd, or future owners of these sites, and to liaise with letting agents when appropriate.
- Open to all owners of properties located on involved sites in Cornwall.
- Any member may resign from the Association at any time but the balance of the subscription will not be refunded.
- The annual subscription shall be that voted upon and carried at the General Meeting each year.
b Subscriptions shall become payable on 1st April each year. Members joining at other times will pay the full subscription except joining from January onwards when membership will start from the next April. Non-payment of subscriptions within 3 months after due date will automatically disqualify membership.
- Proper accounts shall be kept showing income and expenditure of the Association. The accounts are to be audited and presented to the Association’s Annual General Meeting. The financial year shall end on 31st March.
- Cheques shall be signed by any two of four authorised signatories.
- All monies collected by the Association shall be made payable to the Cornish Manor Owners’ Association and not to any individual.
- The Association shall be deemed to be a non-profit making organisation.
- Data Protection
Members data shall be protected and safeguarded in accordance with General Data Protection Act 25th May 2018
- The Committee shall consist of the Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary, Membership Secretary and one, or two, representative members of each holiday site chosen, ideally, to represent the interest of both single and multiple owners. Other members as required.
- Committee members shall retire at each AGM and shall be eligible for re-election.
- The Committee shall have the power to co-opt additional members as deemed necessary.
- Nominations for the Committee shall be sent to the Secretary at least 14 days before the Annual General Meeting and must have the consent of the nominees. Nominations may be accepted from the floor of the meeting.
- Committee Meetings:
- To be convened as agreed by the Committee.
- Any six members will constitute a quorum.
- Annual General Meeting:
- The AGM will be held in November and at least 21 days notice shall be given in writing
to all members.
- The following business shall be transacted:
1 To receive an audited statement of accounts
2 To elect officers and members of the Committee
3 To appoint the auditor(s) who shall not be a member(s) of the Committee
4 To receive reports from the Chairman and Committee
5 To consider any other business
- General Meetings:
- At least one meeting per year shall be convened and at least 14 days notice shall be given in writing to members. Other meetings called as required.
- Conduct of Meetings:
- Resolutions shall be proposed, seconded, and approved by a majority of votes. Each member shall be entitled to cast one vote.
- The Chairman shall be entitled to one vote and have a second or casting vote if necessary.
- Voting shall be by ballot or by a show of hands.
- Thirty members of the paid up membership shall constitute a quorum at all General Meetings.
- Dissolution of the Association:
- The Association may be dissolved at a General Meeting called for the purpose, when the resolution must be passed by at least three-quarters of those present.
- Any remaining assets after all outstanding debts have been paid shall then be distributed equally amongst current paid up subscriptions.
April 1998 2nd amendment November 2018